Monday, October 22, 2012

I love singing time

Gage is scooting now!! He is a sweet happy baby that loves to be played with. He is eating baby food well.
Avi, Avi, Avi what a wild girl! She loves to play outside, go for walks, feed the horses and the kitties! Scoot around on her tricycle and the little tractor. She loves to sing songs. She will play the piano and sing- for "singing time" as she puts it. She was hitting and kicking Gage, but now- hopefully it lasts, we are only dealing with pushing and trying to pick him up by his neck. Today she played so well with him!! She played peek-a-boo and she loves to play with him when he is in his highchair.
I have made 52 quarts of grape juice and 33 quarts of salsa so far- with the teaching and help of Gunnar's parents. My first year canning. I also made some strawberry rhubarb jam.
Put a bid on the house again... we shall see.
I am in love with Larabars- homemade yum!
I made up a recipe
Apple Pie
1/3 c dates
1/3 c almond
2/3 c apple slices
2 tsp cinnamon
3-4 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla
food processed into goodness.
I made spinach noodles from Our Best Bites the flavor was good, but I put whole wheat flour in so it didn't roll as thin as it should. I also made cauliflower cheese sticks and homemade alfredo sauce and chicken... It was way too much for me in one night!!
Tonight I did much better- yesterday I cut the squash for today's dinner, I made buttermilk summer squash soup- a hit. I made some whole wheat bread- it stole the show for the dinner. I made croutons with it- and yum yum yum!
Avi counts "1- 3!" she knows "seben". She is so cute "ABCDE.... baby garble...P...ABCD..." is her favorite song to sing. She makes up songs all the time. Today I listened her over the baby monitor sing about mommy and daddy and poopies- I was glad I was listening so I could go change her.
I got a step stool for her- she said, "I want to potty train!" I told her it was a step. She took it to her room and used it to climb up and down off her bed multiple times- she was loving it!!
Today she was asking for Pooh- I brought out the stuffed Pooh- and Avi asked for the "Pooh Book" so I read her part of a story- she doesn't have attention span for a 40 page story.
We cleaned carpets last night- I love to have clean carpets!! Oh ya!! I cleaned the couches we bought and got a better idea what is ahead- I found out the fabric had come apart beneath one cushion. I am hoping to only have to hand sew up half on the sides and be able to staple beneath. I will make up a bottom to cover a cushion, maybe replace a spring, and mend a board- well, what can we expect of $40 couches...

No comments:

Post a Comment