Wednesday, March 13, 2013

darling children

Today Gunnar got Gage up from his nap and took him out on the deck to enjoy the beautiful day. Gunnar showed him the dogs at the neighbors' houses and then brought Gage back in and set him down. Gage said- in his baby language- "Dog" and crawled back out. He pulled himself up along the railing and looked out at the dogs- saying "Dog, dog, dog". It was simply adorable!.
I was working on reupholstering our dinning room chairs and trying to keep the kids away from the tools. I told Avi the tools were only for mommy- but she responded, she is mommy (she has her baby dolls and we have been talking about how she is going to grow up to be a mommy). I told her she needed to be grown up. She said, "I already did that, I'm all grown up." Looking down at my sweet 2 1/2 year old- I couldn't help but smile.
Later, I took apart the pipping below the sink to clear out a clog. We thought the clog would be in the S trap, but it was higher so I took basically the whole thing apart, cleaned it out, put it back together, checked for leaks, and to my delight all was in working order. I delightedly said, "I did it!" Avi responded- "I am so proud of you. Good job mommy!" I was astounded!  So sweet and articulate!
Avi however has hated me working on the deck- as Gage has been napping this week I have gone out and sanded the deck so we can stain it. Avi all the while saying, "I need mommy time." or "I want snuggles"- wow, it was hard to choose to work, but it has to be done!!! I hope we can get it done by the weekend. I have sanded everything I can reach,  we need to get a ladder. Today, I was working the chairs and I made Chicken Korma for lunch since Gunnar was going to be working tonight, while Gage napped, so I missed my usual sanding time. I went out with both kids awake- wow, that was a challenge! most the time thankfully Avi played inside, but for a little bit there, Avi was climbing on my back, Gage was pulling my hair, as I tried to sand as 'safely' as possible!!

No comments:

Post a Comment